Serving medical imaging since 1954, Christie Innomed develops, distributes, integrates and supports innovative products and solutions that improve the performance of Canadian healthcare institutions in medical imaging and health IT solutions.
Today, Christie Innomed is a leader in medical imaging and informatics, with over 250 specialists assisting more than 1500 hospitals and clinics across Canada.
Reporting to the Director of National Service, the Biomedical Service Manager is responsible for their staff and for the support of customers in their region. The position is a Hybrid role with time spent at Home Office and Christie Mississauga office. The Biomedical Service Manager’s main roles are to provide leadership to their staff, ensure contract commitments are maintained and to coordinate technical resolutions and escalations with their staff, customers and partners. Ensuring customer satisfaction is a corporate priority and is a primary part of the Manager’s mandate. They also need to work closely with the Business Development Leader to identify opportunities to grow the business and lead the pricing discussions. They must promote and encourage team spirit in the Company and Technical Support Departments, as well as providing and maintaining a customer-driven service ideology.
People Leadership (Managerial Courage, Command Skills, Developing Direct Reports and Others)
- Recruit & Effectively on board new hires (Mentor, clarifying KARs, provide review/feedback mechanism).
- Leverage the capabilities of employees.
- Lead and cultivate a culture of CII values and integrity.
- Communicate annual business strategy and ensure team members understand how key areas of responsibility and objectives tie to the strategy.
- Coach and develop direct reports.
- Identify & Champion development and retention of top talent.
- Quality-based People Performance Management (PPM) including Timely Performance Reviews (Annual and Mid-Year), One-on-One Meetings and Ride-Alongs/Site Visits
- Identify and address poor performance.
- Understand and utilize motivational tools to drive desired team behaviors and results.
- Ensure Department employees are compliant with standards and procedures.
- Assesses adequate staffing by using Revenue and Productivity. KPI’s as well as other applicable tools.
- Partner with National Service Director and VP of Customer Service on Headcount Strategy
Customer Ownership (Customer Focus, Composure, Negotiating, Business Acumen)
- Own and drive customer service business strategy and results for region.
- Develop and implement service strategy to achieve customer loyalty.
- Manage customer relationships and effectively collaborate and update internal partners.
- Engagement and Follow up on Customer Satisfaction Surveys.
- Ability to manage customer issues and conflicts while balancing the company objectives.
- Understands and ensures that customer entitlements are adhered to while balancing customer satisfaction.
Operational Management (Drive for Results, Business Acumen, Decision Quality)
- Owns and drives region operational processes.
- Manage all Customer Service Contracts as well as T&M. quotations while collaborating with National Service Director, Business Development Manager and Contract Admin Team.
- Develop and drive change initiatives as required to improve efficiencies and execute on business commitments.
- Ensures that the installation and maintenance of equipment and software are staffed and performed within targeted timeframes.
- Ensures maintenance schedules are respected in accordance with contract entitlements.
- Ensures service calls are responded to and closed in a timely manner according to company KPI’s.
- Follows up and addresses issues pertaining to customer safety and institutes appropriate corrective and preventive measures.
- Ensures the equipment database is kept up to date.
Financial Accountability (Drive for Results, Business Acumen, Decision Quality)
- Owns and drives financial business results for region as measured by:
- Continual growth of the service contract base;
- Deliver budget targets (or better) for Revenue;
- Deliver budget targets (or better) for Gross Margin as % of sales;
- Implementation of “CSI” initiative to sell solutions and accessories through Service;
- Renewals and warranty conversions;
- Meet or exceed expense control measures.
- Ensures Service Team adheres to timely Parts Orders and Returns.
- Monitor service costs (parts, labour) and expenses. Report abnormal circumstances to the National Service Director.
- Ensures Overtime is minimized and kept within the KPI of Salary costs.
The Biomedical Service Manager must possess the following qualities or acquire them within an established and agreed upon training schedule:
- Team Leadership
- Ability to Unify team
- Motivational Skills
- Makes himself available as a resource
- Demonstrates Company loyalty
- Exhibits professional appearance
- Creates a positive atmosphere and takes a positive approach
- Has ability to handle high stress situations
- Is able to identify team strengths and weaknesses
- Is able to combine each member’s strengths and weakness to build a strong team
- Is a good listener (employees and customers)
- Is able to make decisions on behalf of Christie Group where customers are concerned
- Supports and backs their team while balancing performance and accountability
- Is decisive in crisis situations and is able to quickly rethink decisions if necessary
Are you interested in this challenge? Apply now!
Each application will be considered. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
Christie Innomed develops, distributes, integrates and supports innovative products and solutions that improve the performance of healthcare institutions in Quebec and Canada, in the fields of medical imaging and information management solutions.
Christie Innomed’s professionals help hospitals and clinics optimize their medical imaging technologies and improve their overall performance in screening, diagnosing and treating their customers’ health problems. Christie Innomed provides all the technical and clinical support needed to improve workflows and modality management, enabling its customers to deliver the best possible care.
*In this document, the use of the masculine form to designate persons is intended only to lighten the text.