In the service of Medical Imaging since 1954, Christie Innomed develops, distributes, integrates and supports innovative solutions and products that improve the performance of Health Institutions in Canada in Medical Imaging and Health IT solutions.
Christie Innomed is dedicated to offer global and integrated Medical Imaging and IT solutions to Canadian Healthcare Institutions with more than 250 specialists assisting more than 1,500 Hospitals and Clinics across Canada.
Reporting to the Director– Coraporte Services, you will be maintaining the equipment database as per according to applicable regulations. Working in close collaboration with the Field Service Management Team, the Service Contract Administration Team, and the National Service Leadership Team, you will also be creating, verifying, recording, approving and processing all contracts in accordance with established methods and guidelines.
- Apply all procedures to build contract proposals according to company standards and follow up on pending proposals.
- Ensure that service contract renewals are concluded before the end of the term.
- Create, edit, maintain, and merge contracts in the database (ERP system) and prepare all final contract documents for the customers as per established templates.
- Update, edit and maintain all pertinent information in the database such as list of equipment’s, customers contacts, suppliers contacts, etc.;
- Assist with updating or creating processes and ensure proper documentation of the processes;
- Manage the email box: analyse the incoming request, transfer the requests to the proper Contract team member in a timely matter
- Generate, prepare and distribute various Excel reports such as Status Contract Renewal list;
- Continually develop knowledge and understanding of Imaging equipment price book and equipment;
- Train on all procedures in order to make contract proposals as per company standards;
- Support the service team on site and the service team for all inquiries related to service contracts (service calls, contract entitlement, inventory updates, etc.).
- Support co-workers and participate in the collective effort of the contracts team.
>Qualifications and experience
- Post-Secondary education in business administration or diploma in related field;
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in contract management;
- Relevant experience in a client support role;
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written;
- Advanced skills with the MS Office suite (mainly Excel);
- Experience with an ERP software an asset;
- Superior interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to influence and build respectful partnerships and demonstrated abilities to offer outstanding service to business partners;
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent judgment, autonomy, flexibility and open-mindedness;
- Action-oriented with a strong ability to manage priorities and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical mind
- Rigor and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time;
- Ability to work with complex cases.
Are you interested in this challenge? Don’t hesitate, submit your application!
Each application will be considered. Please note, only those selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
Christie Innomed develops, distributes, integrates and supports innovative products and solutions that improve the performance of Canadian healthcare institutions in the areas of medical imaging and information management solutions.
Our professionals assist hospitals and clinics to optimize their imaging technologies and to increase performance outcomes in patient screening, diagnosis and treatment management. Christie Innomed provides extensive technical and clinical support for improving workflows and managing modalities, thereby helping customers to deliver the best care possible.
*In this document, the use of the masculine to designate persons has no other purpose than to lighten the text.